Integrated Healing Program for Teens
Offered at Rogers’ Brown Deer outpatient clinic, the Integrated Healing Program is available for current or prospective medically stable patients, ages 13 through 18, who have chronic pain or a functional disorder with pain. Multidisciplinary teams, including Rogers’ child and adolescent psychiatrists and psychologists, and medical, health psychology, and physical therapy experts from the Jane B. Pettit Pain and Headache Center at Children’s Wisconsin, work together to provide intensive rehabilitative, medical services, and mental health treatment. The service components of the Integrated Healing Program are provided separately and independently by Children’s Wisconsin, Rogers, and The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Listed below are just some of the many conditions our team is prepared to manage in the Integrated Healing Program.
- Migraines or chronic daily headaches
- Recurrent Abdominal Pain including:
- Functional Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Celiac Disease
- Superior Mesentery Artery Syndrome
- Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome
- Ehlers Danlos Syndrome/Hypermobility
- Pain associated with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) or Dyasutonomia
- Amplified Musculoskeletal Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Back Pain
- Myofascial Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Functional Neurologic Disorders with accompanying pain symptoms
- Chronic Peripheral Neuropathies
- Sickle Cell Anemia
Mental and behavioral health conditions associated with chronic pain
- Anxiety (Generalized or social)
- Changes in mood
Limitations due to symptoms
- Social isolation
- School avoidance
- Family stress
- Poor sleep
- Difficulty walking and/or moving
Each evidence-based treatment includes:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Behavioral activation (BA)
- Physical therapy (PT) (daily Individual and group)
- Medication evaluation and management
- Experiential therapy
- Family therapy and parent education groups
- Regain control of their lives
- Resume age-appropriate functioning in school, socialization, and activities
- Address emotional distress related to the medical condition
- Regain the physical strength and endurance
- Reduce the need for medical services
Who can be admitted to the program
The collaborative services are available for teens ages 13 through 18. The first step in determining whether a teen is a good fit for the program is to have them medically evaluated. Prospective patients will be evaluated by providers at Children’s Pain and Headache Center and Rogers. The Integrated Healing Program hours are provided Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm. To schedule an evaluation, call 414-266-3955.
If overnight accommodations are needed for patients and families who don’t live in the Southeastern region of Wisconsin, a member from Rogers Behavioral Health will work with the family to help arrange accommodations. There are several hotels near the our Brown Deer Outpatient Center that provide discounted rates to patients. We also partner closely with the Ronald McDonald House and Kathy’s House which are both located in Wauwatosa (about 25 minutes from the IHP location).
We want to help.
Contact us to request a free confidential screening and learn more.