OCD and Anxiety
Life can be intensely uncomfortable for anyone living with the paralyzing, unending anxiety of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and related anxiety disorders. We understand. We also know that as hard as it is to live with OCD and anxiety, sometimes it’s even harder to ask for help. When someone is ready, we’re here.
The Rogers team is internationally recognized in treating OCD with one of the most comprehensive treatment offerings available for children, adolescents, and adults. Our individualized approach empowers patients, helping them gain control of their symptoms so they can develop effective lifelong coping skills.
Comprehensive scope of care
Patients benefit from a carefully thought out vision of coordinated care in our safe and supportive environment. Overcoming OCD isn’t easy, but it can be done. We know that our treatment works. Outcome studies show that the vast majority of people respond well to our treatment approach. More importantly, our patients are living more hopeful lives free from the unending cycle of worry.
Psychologists and psychiatrists with expertise in OCD and anxiety lead a multidisciplinary team committed to helping children, adolescents, and adults learn the skills needed to gain control of thoughts and behaviors related to:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) and OC-spectrum disorders
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Trauma (post-traumatic stress disorder)
Family involvement is another key part of recovery, allowing for more effective treatment and easing the transition back home and to work or school. This includes family therapy and Parent University, a program that educates parents about treatment, recovery, and how to best support children’s mental health needs.
Our treatment approach
Our evidence-based approach has helped set the standard in OCD care, and includes:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Exposure and response prevention (ERP)
- Medication management, as needed
Research supports that CBT, including ERP, is the most effective therapy for treating OCD. Rogers’ leading OCD treatment uses CBT and a high dose of ERP, facilitating high-quality and cost-effective care with proven results. With in vivo exposure therapy, patients have the opportunity to practice skills during real activities, both during treatment at Rogers and outings in the community. Patients receive a personalized care plan for their unique needs, including a comprehensive, but manageable, exposure hierarchy that becomes a road map for addressing their concerns.
Not sure which treatment or care option is the best fit? Don’t worry, we are here to help. Call 800-767-4411 or click the button below to request a free, confidential screening.
Levels of care
At Rogers, our accomplished team treats more kids, teens, and adults daily with OCD and related anxiety disorders than any other disorder. Our treatment can be found across these levels of care:
- Residential care for children, adolescents, and adults, a specialty focus offered by few others for OCD
- Two levels of specialized outpatient care are found in several states. Patients, families, and treatment teams work together to determine length of programs based on individual progress and situations.
- Partial hospitalization care (6 hours a day/4 to 5 days a week)
- Intensive outpatient care (3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- At our hospital campuses in Wisconsin, we also offer inpatient care for patients with acute needs for medical stabilization.
The appropriate level of care is determined based on physician review of an initial free screening that is completed over the phone with one of our admission counselors.
Successful Clinical Outcomes
Data collected before and after treatment shows Rogers' treatment works. See More Treatment Outcomes.