Depression and Other Mood Disorders
Depression and other mood disorders are very real and serious conditions. Feelings of sadness, hopelessness or irritability can interfere with how you think and experience everyday activities such as sleeping and even eating.
While depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders are the leading cause of disability worldwide, they are also very treatable.
Rogers Behavioral Health can help.
Comprehensive scope of care
At Rogers, you can access a wide array of care for mood disorders in children, teens, and adults through our inpatient, residential, and specialized outpatient care. Residential care for Focus Depression Recovery is offered in Oconomowoc and West Allis. In addition, our Nashotah Center for DBT female adolescent residential care helps with intense difficulty managing emotions.
With proven methods and excellent outcomes, we help you overcome a range of psychiatric conditions:
- Depression, bipolar disorder, and other mood disorders
- Co-occurring disorders (anxiety, eating disorders, substance use)
- Emotional dysregulation (Nashotah Center for DBT)
Additionally Rogers can help those experiencing intensified symptoms of schizophrenia by administering proper medications, teaching life skills and providing compassionate care; our psychiatric experts can help in a variety of situations. We work to stabilize acute symptoms while also treating other mental health disorders such as depression – all to help those with schizophrenia regain stability, independence, and overall well-being.
Family involvement is another key part of recovery, allowing for more effective treatment and easing the transition back home and to work or school. This includes family therapy and Rogers’ Parent University, a program that educates parents about treatment, recovery, and how to best support their children’s mental health needs.
Our treatment approach
Our multidisicplinary team partners with you as you learn skills to help you break free and move forward. Led by board-certified psychiatrists. the team includes psychologists, behavioral specialists, experiential therapists, physicians, and more. With more than a century of experience in treating complex cases and co-occurring disorders, we follow an evidence-based approach to care, with an emphasis on these therapies:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Behavioral activation and mindfulness
- Dialectical behavior therapy, or DBT-informed skills
- Medication management
For adults with major depressive disorder (MDD) who have not responded to medication, Rogers also offers Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Outpatient Care at our Oconomowoc campus. TMS uses targeted, magnetic pulses to increase the brain’s activity over time, which may decrease depressive symptoms. We can work with you to help determine if this approach is right for you.
Not sure what treatment or level of care is right for you? Not to worry, we are here to help guide you in what option fits you best during your free screening. Call 800-767-4411 or click the button below to request a screening.
Levels of care
At Rogers, you have a continuum of care.
- Inpatient care, including dedicated programs for children and adolescents
- Residential care, including the Nashotah Center for DBT, Focus Depression Recovery offering residential care for both adolescents and adults.
- Two levels of specialized outpatient treatment.
- Partial hospitalization care (6 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- Intensive outpatient care (3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- Patients, families, and treatment teams work together to determine length of programs based on individual progress and situations.
The appropriate level of care for you is determined based on physician review of an initial free screening you can do over the phone with one of our admissions counselors.