An inside look at the Ladish Co. Foundation CenterPosted on 09/23/21 11:13:am
Share this article:
Research shows that family involvement plays a crucial role in treatment for mental health and addiction. However, this often means that these family members must be away from home for extended periods of time and take on additional stress so they can be there for their loved one.
To ease these challenges, Rogers recently opened the Ladish Co. Foundation Center on the main campus in Oconomowoc in collaboration with Ronald McDonald House Charities Eastern Wisconsin and a generous donation from the Ladish Co. Foundation.
The Ladish Center features the Ronald McDonald Family Room®, a safe, comforting space for parents, grandparents, guardians, siblings, and other support persons of Rogers patients to relax while their loved one receives the care they need. The Family Room is complete with a variety of home-like conveniences, including:
- Play areas outside for pleasant weather, and indoors for the cold winter months or rainy days.
- TV, video games, board games, toys, and other entertainment options to keep family members of all ages occupied during down time.
- A creativity room complete with arts and crafts supplies.
- Snacks and beverages to refuel.
- A kitchen and dining area, including refrigerators, microwave, an oven/range, and more to create the culinary comforts of home.
- A quiet room for complete peace and reflection.
- A private shower suite for personal hygiene.
- A laundry facility, including a washer and dryer.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi to stay connected.
In addition to these amenities, the Tadross Family Chapel and a meditation garden support Rogers' spiritual care services and provides opportunities for reflection and connection.
While the services and features mentioned above are available only to Rogers patients and their families, there are also spaces dedicated to community gatherings. This includes a conference hall and meeting rooms which host alumni groups, workshops, lectures, Parent University, and community support groups.
How Rogers can help
Rogers offers highly specialized mental health and addiction treatment in communities across the country. If you or a loved one are struggling, you can request a free, confidential screening online or call 800-767-4411.