New performance management process offers greater opportunities for growth10/25/18 11:42:am
Rogers is updating its annual review procedure to address the needs of employees. The new performance management process focuses on professional growth, career possibilities, and an enriched work experience.
The new annual review process includes:
- A simplified form that focuses our efforts on planning and discussion
- Clear expectations: Your manager will share with you the essential job functions and professional responsibilities (training and certification requirements) that you’ll focus on for the year.
- Employee goals: You’ll work with your manager to establish meaningful work goals to accomplish during the year.
- Individual development plan: You’ll work with your manager to establish an individual development plan that will support your personal and professional growth at Rogers.
- Career discussion: Your manager will engage you in a thoughtful discussion about your career aspirations and goals.
- Touchpoint: Rather than touching base just one time per year, the annual cycle will include at least one check-in discussion mid-year with your manager about your progress.
- Shared responsibility/shared opportunity: This process is a shared responsibility between you and your manager, and a shared opportunity to for you to have a direct impact on your work, your development, and your career.
The performance review and career discussion will happen in June or July, planning and establishing expectations takes place in the fall, and there will be a mid-year check-in between January and March. In the future, the planning and establishing expectations step will occur in August.
In the January-March check-in, your manager will ask questions such as: Do the goals that we established earlier this year still apply? Has anything changed? How are you progressing? Are there any obstacles that I can help with?
Similar to the previous process, you’ll wrap up the year with a final performance discussion with your manager in June or July.
Additional information can be found on Talent Development’s Performance Management page of Rogers Connect. Videos, job aids, and frequently asked questions are available to help employees through this process.
Please reach out to your manager with any questions you have, or contact Talent Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 3060.