December 4 deadline for PTO and payroll donations to Rogers' Foundation11/15/23 11:30:am
It’s incredible to think about the seemingly insurmountable odds many of our patients must overcome to enter our care and stay here for the recommended amount of time.
That’s why Rogers Foundation provides Angel Fund gifts and Patient Care Grants to ease barriers to care. The support we offer allows patients the ability to let go of outside burdens so they may focus their energy on the exceptional care our teams provide.
You, too, can help ease barriers to care! Donating your PTO hours or making a continuous gift through payroll deduction is an easy way to ensure funding to the Foundation’s programs.
Designate your gift to Patient Care Grants or the Angel Fund, wherever it’s needed most, or to other donor-funded programs such as Canine Assisted Intervention and Spiritual Care.
See guidelines for each donation option below. Questions can be directed to Laura Miller.
PTO Donation Guidelines
Rogers allows 184 PTO hours to be rolled over into 2024. Instead of losing your PTO, you can help a patient in need.
Your donation of PTO hours will be converted into cash and given to the Foundation. Applicable taxes and withholdings will be applied as required by law. The after-tax amount is your tax-deductible donation. In January, you will receive a letter from the Foundation stating your contribution for your 2023 tax records.
How to donate PTO hours
Eligibility and guidelines:
- Minimum PTO donation is 4 hours. Maximum PTO donation is 40 hours.
- Minimum balance of 80 hours of PTO is required in your PTO bank prior to donation.
- Minimum balance of 40 hours of PTO is required in your PTO bank after donation.
- You may not donate a specified number of hours per pay period.
- Employees will not accrue PTO on their PTO donation.
- Only employees who are allowed to roll PTO hours into the following year are eligible to make PTO donations (includes all non-contracted employees).
To see the number of PTO hours you have accrued on Kronos:
- Log in to Kronos and go to “My Timecard” on the right side of your screen.
- Click on the double line and triangle at the bottom of the page to show more content.
- Click on the “Accruals” tab at the bottom of the screen to see your PTO ending balance.
Payroll deduction guidelines
You may choose to make a continuous gift to the Foundation through payroll deduction. Designate the amount per paycheck you would like donated to the Foundation.
Eligibility and guidelines:
- Minimum of $10 per paycheck. To calculate your total annual giving, multiple your giving amount by 26.
- Deductions will begin in January of 2024.
- Deductions will be taken until you notify the Foundation to stop. Email email@example.com.
How to donate via payroll deduction