Employees invited to join upcoming local NAMIWalks09/09/22 01:55:pm
Employees, families, and friends are invited to help reduce stigma and raise awareness of mental health by participating in a local NAMIWalk.
NAMI, The National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. It raises awareness and provides essential education, advocacy, and support group programs for people living with mental illness and their loved ones.
Rogers is a sponsor for many local NAMIWalks and will be a national sponsor for all walks in 2023.
This fall, the following events are located near Rogers locations. For more information, please visit namiwalks.org.
- Saturday, September 17: Chicago – Jackson Park Lakefront Trail
- Saturday, September 24: Minneapolis – Minnehaha Park
- Sunday, September 25: Philadelphia – The Navy Yard
- Saturday, October 1: Glenview, Illinois – Glenview Park District
- Saturday, October 8: Appleton – Fox Cities Stadium
- Saturday, October 8: Madison – Olin-Turville Park
- Saturday, October 8: Wauwatosa – Hoyt Park
- Saturday, October 8: Tampa – TBD
- Saturday, October 15: Atlanta – Georgia Capitol
Rogers has teams for the walks in Minneapolis, Appleton, Madison, and Wauwatosa. Please visit the team pages if you are interested in joining. There are also opportunities to receive t-shirts for donating or raising money for NAMI.